Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last of the CoffeeCON Coffee

It's a sad day in our home, as we are brewing the last of the coffee I got at CoffeeCON 2013. Today it's the Honduran coffee from Cafe Don Angel. This one was a washed process coffee, which is very tasty.

As I think about the last month and the coffees I've tried, and the brewing methods I've tried, The coffee highlights came from Dark Matter Coffee and JJ Coffee Roasters. No matter how I brewed those coffees, they were terrific! I still think JJ Coffee Roasters is an up and coming duo, who will do great things with coffee.

I enjoy using my Chemex and French Press. They are ideal if all you want is one or two cups of coffee. Otherwise, I think I need bigger ones to make what I call a pot.

Lessons learned? I need a scale to weigh coffee. I have been experimenting based on sight. As I have learned at BJava this month, you need to weigh the coffee to get a consistent brew. So on my to get list is a scale. 

So as I pour the last of the coffee into my cup, I say farewell to a wonderful month full of experimenting and coffee experiences.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment