Saturday, May 4, 2013

CoffeeCON 2013 Lessons Learned

I wanted to share some of the things I learned today at CoffeeCON....

1) People love coffee. I didn't really learn this, but I was amazed at the number of people who came to the event today. The classes were full. The lectures were well attended. The coffee vendors were giving away a lot of coffee. Everyone looked happy to be there.

2) There is a lot of coffee out there. Today I got to revisit some old friends(I Have a Bean and Metropolis), and discovered some new friends: River City Coffee, Regular Coffee, Dark Matters Coffee and Fresh Ground Roasting. Their coffees were all good. 

3) People like to home roast. Oh my goodness there are lots of ways to roast coffee. More importantly the people who roast at home are very passionate about their coffee. I enjoyed meeting Jim and Jon(who I wrote about earlier in the day). Just two guys who love to roast beans and share. The gentleman who owns the grill roaster was talking about his desire to create a live webcam inside the grill, so people could watch the coffee roast. Keep on thinking.

4) Coffee brings friends and family together. Mark and his family came today, and by all accounts had a great time learning about brewing methods and various coffees. My friends Krys and George came and it was great fun attending some of the classes with them. 

5) Coffee goes well with pastries. 

6) Most of all it was a day to celebrate coffee. Many thanks to CoffeeCON for an amazing event. I learned alot. I enjoyed everything, and it was a terrific day.


Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment