Friday, May 17, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 5-17-2013

Bodum is known for their coffee and tea makers, as well as their kitchen gadgets. They also sell coffee. To be fair, they don't roast the coffee. That is done by Brooklyn Roasting Company. I don't know BRC, but I will assume they roast a decent coffee. To be blunt, this isn't one of them.

I was given this coffee at CoffeeCON, and it was in a airtight sealed can. Still, I don't know the age of this coffee, and that is one of the problems with it. This is a Sumatra and Ethiopia blend, and it is dark roasted. It tastes burnt. Mark noticed it too. There is a lot of bitterness in this coffee.

So while Bodum will tell you this is can be enjoyed morning, noon and night. I will tell you, this is not to be enjoyed at anytime.

This is a lesson in what age can do to a coffee. In addition to the burnt bitter taste, I detect almost no interesting notes or flavors. It's like they heard second crack, and kept waiting for a third crack. Do you get I don't care for the coffee?

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment