Thursday, May 2, 2013

What to Expect at CoffeeCON

Tomorrow I head off to CoffeeCON 2013. The actual event is Saturday! What am I expecting on my first visit to the consumer coffee show? My answer can be broken down into 3 parts: coffee, coffee brewing and people.

The coffee is part is a slam dunk. I Have a Bean, Metropolis, Fresh Ground and Counter Culture are just some of the specialty roasters who will be in attendance. Home roasters will demonstrate the variety of ways they roast coffee.

There will also be coffees from all over the world. Turkish, Cuban, Vietnamese, Viennese, Colombian, Honduran, Rwandan will be represented. Sounds like a "It's a Small World" of coffee.

There will be more ways to brew a cup of a coffee than anyone can imagine. Siphon, French Press, Aero Press, Chemex and of course Drip will all have their moments. Think of this as a large party, and you can sample how coffee tastes from various methods.

I am looking forward to meeting the people the most. This is a gathering of coffee lovers. We all share a passion, and we all come to it from different places. Some are pioneers in the industry, who just wanted people to have a good cup of coffee. Some are out there working to provide better fair trade for coffee growers. Some are brewing experts who love to share their knowledge. Others are just folks like you and me who love coffee, and have taken the next step - roasting their own. Everyone has a coffee story, and I am looking forward to hearing those stories.

The best part of this experience is that I will be sharing this all with you. I will blog periodically during the day, live from CoffeeCON. A day of coffee, people and sharing our passions; now that sounds like a good time.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment