Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 5-9-2013

CoffeeCON Coffee Review Week continues. Today I am drinking Bolivia Bolinda from Metropolis Coffee. As you know, Metropolis is one of my favorite coffee companies. I have loved them since I went on a blind date there. The date didn't go well, but my affair with Metropolis has long endured.

This single origin coffee comes from the Caranavi area of Bolivia. According to Metropolis, they work with 17 farmers to develop and grow this coffee. Here is how they describe their coffee:

Flavor: Tangerine, Herbal, Cane Sugar
Body: Light
Acidity: Tinny

In making this coffee, I gave my new Chemex a try. I had never used one, so I thought this morning would be ideal to try it out. The first thing which hits you with this coffee is a nice light floral aroma. Closest thing I could compare it to would be walking into a floral garden, but not as intense. Just a hint. There is a sweetness to the coffee. This is a light coffee, but not in strength. This is a pretty strong coffee. I give it a 7 on the face slapping scale.

Metropolis coffees always have a certain taste to me. I know when I am having one of their coffees. This one though tasted a little different from past coffees I have had. The sweetness of this coffee sets it apart from other coffees of theirs.

I don't know if Metropolis has blended this with other coffees, but this might be an interesting coffee to experiment with.

I really enjoyed this coffee, and I think you will too. Another fine coffee from Metropolis.

www.metropoliscoffee.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment