Saturday, June 1, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 6-1-2013

Hubbard and Cravens is an Indianapolis roaster, with locations throughout the area. I have been in their stores a few times for coffee, and have had their pour over of the day, which is usually pretty good. This time I brought some beans home to brew. I got a bag of Burundi Kavanza Bourbon. Bourbon coffee, for those who aren't aware, is a type of coffee from an arabica species. It is usually grown in altitudes of 3200 ft - 6500ft. 


Hubbard and Cravens describes this coffee as "a clean and delicate flavor, with notes of grapefruit and honey." They say there is a well-balanced acidity, which is creamy with a tart finish.  So....how did I like it? 

For starters the coffee was roasted in April, so it is still fairly fresh. I definitely get the grapefruit, maybe not the honey. Tart finish is not how I would describe it. Mark thought it had a metallic taste to it. I get what Mark means. I thought there was an odd aftertaste to it. 

Is this a morning coffee? Well if you want a slap in the face, on our Cher scale this coffee will give you a love tap. It's not a strong coffee. I would recommend it for after a meal. It's pretty mellow. That's not a bad thing, just don't expect it to wake you up in the morning. 

Hubbard and Cravens roasts some pretty good coffee. I think the fresher it is, the better. Check them out at www.hubbardandcravens.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment