Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 5-19-2013

Today's coffee is courtesy of Oren's Daily Roast, out of New York City. Their coffees were highlighted at the recent CoffeeCON, and I tried the Burundi Kayanza Gatare in two different methods: French Press and Drip.

The farmers who grow this coffee are using a Bourbon varietal, which usually has a more citrus like flavor. So how was it? This is some GOOD coffee. First I used the French Press. As usual, I think there is a mellower flavor with this brewing method. I got a lot of sweetness out of the coffee. When I used the Drip, the sweetness was still there, but there was also a different flavor...almost a maple like quality. Whatever it was I liked it brewed in either method.

This is a lighter roast than I usually drink, but it had plenty of punch. On our face slapping scale, this is an 8. It wakes you up and gets you going.

Well done Oren's!

www.orensdailyroast.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment