Friday, May 3, 2013

Charlie's CoffeeCON Schedule

Tomorrow is the big day. At last CoffeeCON 2013 will be here. Earlier in the week I Kevin Sinnott suggested a plan of attack for the day. He talked about picking one main lecture, and then dividing time among the demonstrations. Since I am blogging all day long, I wanted you all to get an idea of what I will be doing.

My morning will be mostly taken up by the talk George Howell will give. Howell founded The Coffee Connection in the 1970s, and is a pioneer of the specialty coffee industry. After selling his business to Starbucks in the 1990s, he went on to found the George Howell Terrior Coffee Company, and is an expert on single-origin coffee.

Lunch will be with the folks from Kitchen Aid. My afternoon will include: a talk by Christy Thorns of Allegro Coffee, who Kevin Sinnott thinks may have one of the best taste buds in the industry, a couple of brewing technique classes, some demonstrations by BUNN, talking to some of the home roasters, and just taking in all I can.

It's a full day to be sure. My experience begins tonight with a reception hosted by BUNN.

I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts, some pictures, maybe a video if I figure how to use the smartphone properly(a 5 year old can figure it out in 10 seconds, the 50 year old - not so much.).

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment