Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Starbucks Colombia Narino

Starbucks is having their annual "Home Sale" this week, and one of the items for sale (25% off) is small bags of their Colombia Narino. I had not had this, so I tried it, then bought a bag. This is one of their seasonal coffees. According to Starbucks:

Here coffee grows at elevations higher than 6,500 feet, where warm tropical days, and cool night let the bean develop slowly. Complex and elegant, medium-bodied, with a juicy acidity, herbal notes, with a walnut like finish...

This morning we brewed a couple pots, and here are my thoughts.....

There is an herbal quality to the coffee, and I agree on the walnut like finish. Starbucks calls this a medium roast, with sometimes means "medium high" on the roaster. When I looked at the beans, I noticed a bit of a shine, so I think this is a darker roast than their marketing indicates. I was initially worried about this. Now I liked the coffee at Starbucks, but I wanted to put it through its paces at home.

The taste of this coffee is deceptively smoother than I thought it would be. Normally Starbucks coffee are out there with their taste. This is a tasty coffee, but not an in your face coffee. On our Cher strength scale, it's a solid 7. It will shake you up like a Cher Vegas show. Try this coffee, and I think you will be surprised.

Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog, if you want to taste new flavors in coffee and tea then check out the starbucks menu price list

    ReplyDelete