Saturday, April 12, 2014

CoffeeCon Chicago 2014: Wrap Up

Another great CoffeeCon. I met some wonderful people. I caught up with friends. I learned a little more about coffee. I drank coffee. I had fun.

Zhou Brothers Art Center is an incredible facility. There is a definite warehouse feel and vibe to it. This is good and not so good. The good is the atmosphere is intimate and very coffee house like. The bad was because it's a renovated warehouse the acoustics made it difficult at times to hear the speakers. Overall though this is a fine place for the event.

I tried all the brewed coffees. I was trying to determine the coffees I liked the best. Two stood out, and I went back to them time and time again. Kudos to Stone Creek Coffee, based in Milwaukee, WI.  and I Have a Bean. Their coffees rocked today, and their representatives were friendly, great at explaining everything, and enthusiastic. I Have a Bean ran out of whole bean coffee at 11am. WOW! The folks at Stone Creek were able to give me some beans to take home and sample. Of course a review will come.

Kevin Sinnott has produced yet another successful event. He has his hands full as he is taking CoffeeCon on the road to New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles. If only I could go to each.

So what did I bring home?


Looks like I got coffee to last a couple weeks....or so. 

I had another great CoffeeCon. Looking forward to 2015!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment