Thursday, April 17, 2014

Coffee Review: Metropolis Colombia Andino AAA

You know how when you go to a party, and you see a lot of your friends, and one of them is like on old friend, but you are too busy talking and interacting the others, that you take them for granted, and spend less time with them? Well that sums up Metropolis Coffee at this year's CoffeeCon. I knew they were there. I saw them, I didn't go to the booth until the end of the day. Shame on me for not paying attention sooner.

I have loved Metropolis Coffee since my Chicago days. They are time and time again a great coffee roaster. I may have had one coffee from them that wasn't as great as I thought it should be, but saying a coffee from them isn't great, is like going from an A+ to an A-.

When I got to the booth, I saw two coffees left: a Brazil FAF Lot#231 and Colombia Andino AAA. I asked the guys which would you choose to buy. They both said in unison, "The Colombian." I asked why. They let their coffee do the talking and handed me a cup. Oh yeah...the Colombian.

This coffee comes from Grupo Asociativo Andino Especial and is a Caturra, Colombia, Typica, Bourbon. It has been fully washed and dried on raised beds. Metropolis says the flavors are Caramel, Brown Sugar and Sweet Potato. I don't know about you, but that sounds like Thanksgiving to me. This is one of those coffees where what they say is truly what I got. I felt like was drinking  a sweet potato with a good helping of brown sugar on it. The caramel, in my opinion, is more the aftertaste, and not as strong.

This is a coffee I would serve at anytime. It's strong enough to be a morning cup, but with that caramel aftertaste, this could be an after dinner coffee, perfect with ....say pumpkin pie. On our Cher Scale of strength, this is another 8.5. Cher slaps Jack for being such a ninny on Will and Grace.

Of the coffees I have had this week from CoffeeCon, each one has been a winner. If you don't live in the Chicago area, you can buy their coffees online,

http://www.metropoliscoffee.com

The skinny on this in four words - Great Cup of Coffee.

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment