Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CoffeeCon Week: The Joy

This week one of my staff at work asked me about CoffeeCon. She said, "You seem all happy about going to CoffeeCon. Is it that, or are you just happy to get away for a few days." I'll share a bit more with you than I did with her. I have a lot of joy when it comes to CoffeeCon.

I consider myself an average lover of coffee. I'm not an expert, nor do I pretend to be. I'm not ashamed to tell people I prefer coffee with spy creamer and splenda. I'm accused of being a snob, but if not liking Dunkin Donuts coffee is evidence of being a snob, perhaps I am.

I just love coffee and learning about it. It bring me joy. I love opening a new bag of coffee beans, and inhaling that smell. I love preparing coffee with something other than a drip machine. I like sharing coffee with Mark. I love meeting and talking to people who share this love with me. I love writing about coffee and what I learn. I love sharing my experiences with you. Now if all that isn't joy, then what is?

This weekend I get to experience more joy as I attend CoffeeCon Chicago. I know I will learn something new. I know I'll meet some incredible people. Most of all, I know I will discover and drink some wonderful coffee. I get to share all of that with you. This is going to be good....

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment