Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Personal Taste and the Return of French Press

As you read this blog, you'll notice I spend little time talking about coffee drinks. Do I like lattes, cappuccinos, and mochas? Yes, I do. My personal taste though is geared more towards a simple cup of coffee. We could blame Starbucks for my coffee leanings. They seem to be the masters of the coffee drinks, as far as creating them like a trend.

I used to be a Venti Soy Latte guy. Everytime I went into a Starbucks though, they had some new creation they wanted me to try. It usually involves whipped cream, more sugar than a person has a right to consume, and lots of flavors. Over time it just seemed to me that all of that was masking the coffee. I know some of you will think this means I hate the drinks. I don't. I just prefer a simpler drink. I like my cup of coffee with my Splenda and soy milk, or black sometimes.

In other news.....we have a French Press again. My friend Kris gave us a spare, and for the last two mornings we have had coffee the way we like it. I still like Chemex, but there is something a bit more robust about a coffee in a French Press. So welcome back French Press.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment