Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Coffee Community

One of the things which strikes me as I continue my coffee journey, is the sense of community within the coffee world. I have found this in running, and I think it's true in coffee, when people share a passion, there tends to be a strong bond. As I meet roasters, baristas, coffee lovers, I am struck by the friendliness they have, and the eagerness they have to share their coffees and their love of coffee.

Yesterday I "met" The People's Roast via Twitter.

http://www.thepeoplesroast.com/

Now, what introduced us was a giveaway they are offering. What it did for me was introduce me to a new roaster, so I explored their website. Their mission is pretty clear. They not only sell coffee, but they help you learn how to roast their coffee. Whoever the person was I Tweeting with, was very kind to share their how to videos on roasting coffee.

As I watched the video, I could feel the passion for coffee coming through. Never underestimate the power of a popcorn coffee roasting video.

My friends at JJ Coffee Roasters, I met at CoffeeCon last year. They are just a couple of guys who love what they do, and want to share it. The best part is I get to catch up again with them at CoffeeCon in April.

BJ and Andy at Bee Coffee Roasters are another duo I have met in the last year, who just blow me away with their knowledge, and their willingness to share that with their customers. They want their customers to know that the coffee they are ordering is more than that drink you dunk a donut in.

I've read coffee blogs from all over, and the common theme is we all love coffee, and we all want to share that love with each other and beyond.

Don't be mistaken, there is still a competition out there for the coffee dollar. All these people want to succeed at selling coffee. It's just they view things more out of the box. They form associations, learn from each other, share their knowledge. Bottom line though is the coffee community knows as they share their knowledge and bond with the public, their businesses will succeed.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment