Monday, January 12, 2015

La Colombe - the Anticipation

This week I will be trying a coffee roaster I've had my eye on for a while - La Colombe. These days most people know La Colombe for the TV work co-founder Todd Carmichael does on "Dangerous Grounds." The show follows Carmichael as he travels in some of the most dangerous parts of  the world in search of excellent coffee.

La Colombe is more than a vehicle for a reality show. Along with Jean Philippe Iberti, the two men created La Colombe and unveiled their first blends in 1994 in Philadelphia. Their coffees are served in some of the finest restaurants and hotels in the world. Chefs who understand they need excellent coffee paired with their food, seek out their coffee.

This week a Brazil Blue Diamond will make its way to my home, and I am already anticipating this. Yes, this is like Christmas to me. This is why I'm a coffee geek. I'll detail the coffee in my review, but I will tell you this is a coffee comes is a Catuai variety. Catuai is a smaller tree, a hybrid, which was developed to be stronger in the face of the elements. What coffee growers have found it is a pretty sweet coffee. Coffee isn't always thought of as sweet, so I think this will be interesting to try.

So come on delivery man.....get that coffee here!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment