Friday, January 30, 2015

Bean Size

In the last few weeks I've noticed something which concerns me. Those who are more in the know can certainly chime in. Beans I'm buying seem to be smaller than I typically see. Specifically, I refer to coffees originating from Central /South America.

From the various roasters I've bought from, I'm noticing smaller beans. Is this a climate change issue? Am I just picking coffees which are having a smaller than normal size? The first time it happened, was with one of the Allegro blends. Then I noticed it happening with the La Colombe, Stone Creek and Dave's(I got a Brazilian decaf from them).

Is this something coffee lovers should be concerned about? I know we should be concerned about climate change in general, as it's creating disease, and forcing some farmers to grow in higher altitudes. Can anyone out there shed light on this?

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment