Saturday, January 3, 2015

Coffee Review: New Harvest Coffee Winter Blend

Many roasters roast a special roast they sell only during the holiday season. In my mind a holiday roast should be a robust, strong, something to really take chill away from you on a winter's morning. It should not be in any way, shape or taste tea like and bright. I want it to taste strong and wake me up.

Today we ventured to New Harvest Coffee Roasters Roasting Facility in Pawtucket, RI. Located in the Hope Artiste Village, this roaster is one of two roasters in RI(or so I'm told). I've reviewed another one of their coffees prior to our move here. I was interested to see how I would like another of their coffees. We got their Winter Roast before they sold
out.

According to New Harvest:

A robust blend: Bakers chocolate, toasted walnut, and a hint of orange sweetness.

I brewed it in the French Press when we got home, as Mark really wanted a cup of coffee to wake him up. This is a darker roast. I specifically wanted a darker roast as we have been on a light roast kick of late. Once it was done brewing, I poured a cup, sat down and took a sip. There is a strong chocolate/nutty flavor. I was hard pressed to find the hint of orange. More than anything I smiled as I sipped my coffee. I really liked this coffee.  Good thing this is a Winter Roast, because this is the coffee I want if I am snowed in for a few days.

On our Bean Scale of Strength, this is 5 out of 5 beans. This is the strong coffee Death Wish Coffee wishes they could be. This one wakes you up, and insists you have a good morning - gosh darn it.

New Harvest is running out of this holiday offering, but if you can get a back or two - do it. This is a really good cup of coffee.

www.newharvestcoffee.com


No comments:

Post a Comment