Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 1/30/2013

Today I tried a new coffee from a new roaster for me. BJava in the Indianapolis area offers many types of coffees. I recently purchased their Guatemala Huehuetenango coffee. This morning was my first chance to sample it. 

First of all you should know I am a big fan of Central American coffees. They generally have a flavor I really enjoy. Costa Rican and Nicaraguan are usually my favored regions. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I've ever had a Guatemalan coffee. 

I fired up the old coffee maker, and soon I was ready to try to new coffee. Central American coffees usually are a medium roast, as such, there is a flavor I've come to expect. Not quite smooth, but not quite rustic. I was really surprised at the smoothness of this coffee. Now, I will tell you I'm bad at the chocolate or carmel undertone kind of description, but in this case, I detected a hint of a carmal aftertaste. I liked it, and I enjoyed this coffee very much. 

BJava has their own roasting capabilities, and I know they offer cuppings. I am hopping to attend one of their cuppings at some point, and definitely plan to purchase more of their coffee.

http://www.bjavacoffee.com

Thumbs up!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment