Monday, January 7, 2013

Coffee Pet Peeve

This morning I was going to talk further on roasting, but I wanted to work on that a little more. Instead I am going to talk about one of my coffee pet peeves. Those who following my running blog(Running With Coffee), know I have several running pet peeves. Coffee is no different.

Let's say you have a cup of coffee at work, and it has gotten a bit cool. Common sense says,"I'll nuke it a few seconds and heat it up." Those poor coffee beans survived all kinds of elements, picking, drying and roasting for you, and you treat it like that? What did the coffee do to you? Why don't you just put a filet mignon in there, and let it go for an hour.

Microwaved coffee ruins the taste of the coffee. The composition of what made your coffee good is now destroyed. Instead of that delicious cup of coffee, you are left with coffee that no longer has the taste God and the roaster intended. It is more bitter. In short it tastes like crap.

If you want that kind of coffee, head to the nearest truck stop and get some 14 hour old coffee. It will achieve the same thing.

Be good to your coffee. Don't nuke it. If you have stale cold coffee....get another cup, a fresh cup.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment