Monday, June 2, 2014

Just Coffee's Ugandan Pride

For the last month you have seen me post #BoycottUgandanCoffee in response to the horrible anti-gay legislation in Uganda, which has many LGBT people and their friends and families in fear for their lives. Just Coffee out of Madison, WI has found a brilliant way to fight back.

Starting today they are selling Ugandan Pride coffee. The coffee is from Ugandan small-scale farmers. This effort is designed to raise awareness of the brutal laws in Uganda, and raise money to fight towards a repeal of the laws. 10% of the revenue from Ugandan Pride will go directly to the Civil Society Coalition on Human Rights and Constitutional Law(CSCHRCL) in Uganda.

While I support an overall boycott of Ugandan coffee, I do support this effort, and I encourage you all to buy a bag and support this fight. Just Coffee Cooperative roasts some excellent coffee, and I can't wait until I try mine.

For more information go to.....

www.justcoffee.coop


Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment