Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dark Roast or Cigarettes?

This morning we had the last of the Just Coffee Ugandan Pride. We needed another cup of coffee and breakfast. We had Einstein's Bagels and their dark roast coffee.

When you get coffee at a place that doesn't have coffee in the name, I think it's safe to assume the coffee is not that great. Einstein's likes to promote their coffee as "Darn good coffee." Their specialty is a Hazelnut, which smells great, and that's it. I got us the dark roast.

How to describe this coffee? First of all they serve it way too hot. WAY too hot. It's about 10 minutes before you can really drink it. Until then it's baby sips, worrying your tongue will burn. The taste, once you can drink it always takes me back to the 1980s when I briefly smoked Dunhills. Yes, I went through the don't I look cool smoking at the gay clubs. I didn't. This coffee tastes like I took a pretty big drag of a cigarette, then swallowed coffee, all at the same time. Sounds tasty right?

Sometimes beggars can't be choosers, but I almost would rather have had Dunkin Donuts' coffee this morning.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment