Saturday, May 17, 2014

Coffee Review: Stone Creek Coffee Brazil Fazenda Suica


As I continue the coffee bromance with Stone Creek out of Milwuakee, this week I'm trying another two kinds of coffee. Today I want to talk about their Brazil Fazenda Suica coffee. I'll be honest, most Brazilian coffees are hit or miss with me. I've had some good ones, and some I wouldn't serve at 7-11.

This one is a bit different from ones I've had in the past. One thing could be this is a single farm offering, which means the coffee in this bag came from one farm, and can be easily traced. This isn't a blend from various areas or farms. This makes for a more consistent coffee when they are roasting and cupping it.

The Brazilian is a medium roast, but on the darker or fuller end of the roast spectrum. When I opened the back, I had to look at the bag again, because I thought I was smelling a dark roast. As I tasted it, I noticed a chocolate flavor to it, which tasted like a bittersweet, not an over sweet taste - you know chocolate with an edge. Stone Creek says there is also notes of cherry and caramel. I got a roastier taste than that. In fact I think this coffee has a pretty sassy attitude. Cherry and caramel? Please, the smokey chocolate is what's carrying this coffee.

On our Cher scale of strength, this is Cher giving Jack Nicholson what for in the Witches of Eastwick. I give it an 8.

Everytime I drink Stone Creek Coffee, I'm more and more impressed. If you've read my previous reviews and haven't tried them yet, what the heck are you waiting for? These folks are artisans, and I promise you they are creating something special.

www.stonecreekcoffee.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment