Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Three Beans Coffee: Brazil

Last month I reviewed a dark roast coffee from Whole Foods, under their Three Beans label. At the time I said it was a decent inexpensive coffee. Yesterday we purchased a Brazilian version of the coffee. This one is a medium roast. We brewed it this morning, and I want to tell you this isn't a good coffee. Trust me, that is an understatment.

So what is wrong with it? When I opened the can, the coffee smelled good, but I noticed an odd aroma. Once I ground it, and brewed it in the French Press, the odd aroma was odder. The taste is what hit me. This coffee tastes like they grew it with pine needles. Maybe an Evergreen was the shade for this coffee. Who knows. Mark thought it tasted like mold. I wouldn't go that far, nor would I say there is something wrong with the coffee. It just isn't good.

We will try other Three Beans, but this one....never again.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment