Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another Be Polite Talk

A few months ago my assistant manager brought in a canister of Folgers coffee. He wanted to make sure we had coffee in the store for our coffee maker. He offered to make me  some. I didn't want to be rude, so I accepted his offer.

I noticed he didn't drink any. When I asked him why, he told me he likes the smell of coffee but not the taste. So really he got the coffee for me.

I've written in the past about not being rude when someone serves you bad or questionable coffee. So from time to.time, I've had some of the Folgers.

Every now and then I bring in some coffee from home to brew, and he enjoys the smell of that. So all in all everyone is pleased. I bring this up, because coffee lovers do get the snob brand. I understand the humorous comments....or bitchy comments I sometimes make about bad coffee add to the snob factor. I just want to be clear though, we shouldn't make anyone feel bad about the coffee they serve. It's a thoughtful thing to make or bring coffee for someone. Be polite, and drink it.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment