Monday, February 3, 2014

Guy Fieri Coffee: Coffee or Dessert?

Over the weekend I read about Food Network celebrity Guy Fieri was coming out with coffee. My first response was to pass around the smelling salts from all the fainting going on. Here are the details.

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2014/01/29/guy-fieri-finally-bestows-guy-fieri-coffee-upon-america/

These will be single cup servings for your Keurig or similar machine. Did you see the "flavors"? Bananas Foster, Brownie, Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, etc. Folks, this is NOT coffee, this is dessert.  I went on my rant last week about flavored coffee - I hate it. I can't even fathom who will drink this stuff. My best guess is people who really don't like coffee, will gravitate towards this.

My heart goes out to coffee farmers around the world, whose wonderful products will go into this mess of a product.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment