Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coffee Should Taste Like Coffee - Even Dunkin Donuts Coffee

I have said some pretty snarky things about Dunkin Donuts coffee in the past. I've said it tastes like motor oil. That isn't fair, and I'm sorry. I have never had motor oil, so for me to compare the taste of the coffee to motor oil is wrong.

A co-worker was stunned that I brought in Dunkin Donuts coffee to work the other day. To be honest, they were the only place I went that didn't have a long line. So it was a convenience issue, and not a taste issue. I just wanted coffee.

When I went in to the donut store, they asked me if I would like a "Turbo Shot." I asked what that was. Seems they will put a shot of espresso in the coffee. In other places I have heard that called a "Depth Charge." Anyway, I thought I would try it, thinking it might improve the coffee.

There's an old saying, and it is true in the case of this coffee, with an espresso shot ; "Two wrongs don't make a right." It was strong coffee to be sure, but there was almost no taste. If you are the most freaking popular coffee in America, or so they like the brag, how do you make a coffee with no flavor? I tasted the cream and the Splenda I put in, and NO COFFEE!

Now, I have wonderful friends who think this coffee is terrific. I challenge them to explain to me why it is so terrific, because this is one mystery that not even the great Sherlock Holmes could unravel.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment