Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bridgeport Coffee House Review

Chicago has very distinctive neighborhoods. I have been a northsider during my time in Chicago. Mark's family is on the South Side in Bridgeport. The North Side has trendy places to eat and drink. The South Side, other than Hyde Park is more working class. Bridgeport, where we are is the area the Daley's have called home for decades.

Walking into the Bridgeport Coffee House, you encounter a long wooden bar, a tiled floor and a white  ornate, metallic ceiling. This is not a fancy atmosphere, but it is a comfortable and inviting one. The staff is friendly and happy to see you. A yuppie can feel good sipping a latte here, just as the guy headed to his street maintenance job will feel good grabbing a cup of joe to go.

 So what am I drinking? I purposely didn't ask, and then I scanned to website to see if I could figure it out. What I noticed was a strong, almost chocolate like flavor. This would indicate the Papua New Guinea according to the coffees they roast. When I got my second cup....I was right. Woo Hoo I called it.

This is a rich cup of coffee. Yes I taste the chocolate, but there is also spicy flavor to it. Perfect for a cold winter's day. On the strength scale (1 being a love tap and 10 being a Cher slapping you to "snap out of it!", this is a 9. This coffee packs a punch, and would wake you up after a New Year's Eve Party hangover. I like this coffee a lot. Normally coffees from S.E. Asia and the Pacific have an earthiness I don't care for, but this is not bothering me.

We'll be taking some coffee home with us that is for sure. I encourage my Chicago friends to venture down to the South Side to try this coffee. I think they will be pleased. As for the rest of you, here is their website -

http://www.bridgeportcoffeecompany.com

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment