Sunday, June 23, 2013

Coffee of the Day 6-23-2013



Greetings!

I haven't posted in a bit, but have been reading and enjoying coffee. Today I want to talk about Counter Culture's La Golondrina coffee. Counter Culture, based in Durham, NC is a leader in the specialty coffee business. Founded in 1995, Counter Culture prides itself on establishing direct relationships with the farmers, purchasing the coffee at a higher price than many other coffee companies. 

La Golondrina is an organic coffee from Cauca region of Colombia. According to Counter Culture:

Our unique La Golondrina project, however, partners with Cauda's most talented, dedicated farmers to source only the best lots of each harvest, creating the most sublime Colombian coffee experience there is.


This is a washed process coffee, dried on patios and raised beds, for approximately 10 days. Counter Culture says this coffee "has notes of cherry and caramel and a hint of savoriness supporting La Golodrina's classic citrusy brightness."

So how did it fare with me? We first tried this in our drip coffee maker, than in the French Press. The French Press truly brings out the notes which Counter Culture wants you to experience. For the record, this was not a fresh coffee. I purchased it at Fresh Market, with a roasting date of March on it. Whatever process Counter Culture uses, the coffee did not taste old. Kudos to them for this. Yes, I got the cherry and caramel notes. 

How strong was the coffee? As you know I go on the Cher Scale. Is it a love tap, or a Nicholas Cage "SnapOutOfIt" slap from "Moonstruck." This one wakes you up. I give it a pretty strong 8 out of 10 on the strength scale. This is a GOOD MORNING coffee.

I would imagine Counter Culture coffee is better fresher. Sadly, I am not near any of their places. Maybe one day....

This is a really good cup of coffee my friends. Find it and enjoy.

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment