Friday, December 12, 2014

Sugar Cookie Coffee - I'll Pass

Let's be clear about something......food flavors should not be a part of coffee. I just wanted to get that out of the way. The rest is a coffee rant......

Dunkin Donuts is touting Sugar Cookie and Snickerdoodle Lattes this holiday season. CoffeeMate is pushing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough "Cream". What's next a fruitcake frappe?

When the farmers who cultivate and grow our coffee sell their beans, I know they aren't saying, "Man this will go well with Sugar Cookies in a latte." I promise you they aren't. You all have heard me rant about flavored coffees before. This just seems different, because food flavors are now invading coffee.

And no, I don't want the bandwagon du jour bacon to ever be in a coffee cup.

Now, don't get me wrong. During the holidays I like my once a year eggnog latte, or a peppermint mocha. And who knows, that may all be the same thing to you, but come on - cookies IN coffee?

Stop the madness. Don't encourage these fiends. Retake coffee, and say no more cookies in the cup!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment