Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: The Coffee Brake Tanzanian Peaberry

This week we've been sipping a Tanzanian Peaberry from The Coffee Brake. I've written about this Indianapolis roaster before. If you can call a roaster a regular guy's roaster, The Coffee Brake is it. There is nothing fancy about this place, but they have pretty good coffee. This is definitely a place to grab and take a coffee on the way to work.

I think this Peaberry is a bit unusual. I say so, because the beans didn't look like a traditional Peaberry. They were much larger. Initially I wondered if the bag was mislabeled, or these were some enhanced beans. Peaberry beans are usually pretty small, because there are two little seeds within a cherry, hence the pea-sized name.

I gave it a chance though. African Peaberries usually has a more tea-like taste. This didn't. I take that back, it was faint, not the overriding taste. The roast on this was a darker medium roast. I found caramel notes in it, and a darker cherry taste to it. I liked it, but I thought this was odd for a Peaberry.

Whatever coffee this was, I liked it. Mark thought it was great. I'll say it was pretty good.

This is a stronger coffee. On our Cher Scale of Strength, this is an 8. I like to use the image of Cher shaking Sonny, and telling him he's too short. That's a strong coffee.

The Coffee Brake is on 62nd and Allisonville in Indianapolis.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment