Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pumpkin

Don't get me wrong....I love pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie, pancakes, bread, you mix in a bit of pumpkin, and I'm all over it. Except in coffee. I can almost hear some of you scream, "I love my Pumpkin Spice Latte!" I'm not talking about that, but if you want to check nutrition on it, we could.

I'm talking about pumpkin infused coffee. At my Local Fresh Market, I saw a special on "Real Pumpkin" infused coffee. I don't even know what that means. I do know one thing, it means pumpkin flavored coffee. I now have an image of someone opening a can of pie filling and mixing it with beans. Ugh....no thanks!

This morning, admittedly I got bad convenience store coffee. Whatever they labeled the pot, it wasn't it. Instead I had Pumpkin coffee. Yikes that was bad, bad coffee. I'm all for a cup of bad coffee to slap you awake, but this was beyond bad. I think all that was missing was the crust and cool whip for this coffee. Still, I know that appeals to some of you.

Flavored coffee mystifies me. I don't care how you make a latte. I do care about the simple cup of coffee though. I imagine Juan Valdez scratching his head at what we do to his coffee beans.

Of course I know what's coming.....Gingerbread Coffee! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment