Saturday, October 18, 2014

Coffee Review: Julian Coffee Roasters Pacific Rampage

As I make my way through the coffee roasters in the Indianapolis area, one coffee roaster I've wanted to try is Julian Coffee Roasters of Zionsville, IN. The problem has been I didn't know where to find it. I do now. Fresh Thyme Market sells their coffee. I saw it yesterday, and I was pretty anxious to sample their coffee this morning.

I purchased their Pacific Rampage Blend. This is a dark roast blend of Indonesian, Central and South American coffees. According to their website, Julian describes it as their darker roast, bittersweet chocolate.

Dark roasts can have a burnt taste. This coffee didn't. In fact, I thought the taste was not burnt, but a bit spicy. I certainly got the bittersweet chocolate. I just didn't expect a spicy taste as well. This is a surprising coffee.

How strong is it? Again this is a surprising coffee, you would think this dark roast would be a strong one. On our Cher Scale of Strength this is 7. Imagine Cher in her last movie "Burlesque" bossing around her dancers. She's roaring, but really this is no slapping Nicolas Cage in the face.

Now before you think this is a bad thing, I don't. A dark roast doesn't have to slap you silly. In fact, I prefer those that don't.

I said this was a surprising coffee, and it is. It's a darned good coffee, In fact one of the better ones I've had since my heart attack. I was impressed. This is the kind of coffee which makes me want to try more of their coffees. Now that I know where to get it I will.

For more information - www.juliancoffee.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment