Monday, October 27, 2014

Coffee Review: The Fresh Market's The Fresh Market Blend

The Fresh Market is one of a type pf grocery chain which sells organic and local items, a la Whole Foods. There's one near my work, and occasionally get coffee there.  For the record there is a lady in their coffee department who is always trying to get me to try coffees, but I've tested her coffee knowledge, and I find it could use some fine tuning. Yesterday she told me I would really love The Fresh Market Blend. I asked her what it was a blend of. She said, "Oh it's got lots of good dark and light roast coffees."

As I scooped some into the bag, yes, I saw light colored beans, and sweaty dark roasted beans. She got the description right. This morning I made a pot. Let's see......

There is a lot of mocha in this coffee. In fact, that's about all I taste. Since I don't know the beans' origins, I can't tell if this is typical or not.

To say this is a mellow cup of coffee is an understatement. If coffee were a bunch of guys passing around a joint, while munching on pot brownies, this would be that mellow.

On our Cher Scale of Strength, this is a 1 out of 10. It barely rates a lift of the hand to try to slap Nicolas Cage.

I do like the taste of the coffee. This mocha coffee has a nice flavor. I just wish it was a better, stronger coffee.

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment