Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Indianapolis Coffee Scene Coming Alive

This week in the Daily Coffee News, Kaffeine Coffee, an Indianapolis-based coffee company was highlighted as making a move into the city's trendy Mass Ave. District.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2014/08/18/kaffeine-coffee-and-some-big-revitalization-in-downtown-indianapolis/

Kaffeine Coffee Co. has been known as a Coffee Truck business, popping up at various events around the city.
I have not had coffee from them. Every time I've tried, the line has been huge and time was an issue. Chris Kilander and his wife Amanda have worked hard and are now seeing the fruits of labor grow. Indianapolis coffee drinkers get to benefit from the Third Wave Coffee experience they want to bring into a brick and mortar business.

This is exciting, because Kaffeine Coffee Co. joins another great coffee company, Bee Coffee Roasters downtown. Both are creating buzz about coffee in a city not known for it's coffee. I have long thought downtown Indianapolis needed something other than bars, the Colts and the Pacers.

Over at Bee Coffee Roasters, BJ Davis and Andy Gillman educating coffee drinkers in single origin coffee, and a variety of brewing processes. Bee Coffee roasts their own coffee. I have written about them before, and I think their coffee is some of the best coffee I have ever had.

Is there room for another Third Wave Coffee experience in Circle City? Absolutely. This city needs the diversity and artistry that coffee houses like these two offer.

There are other coffee houses in Indy, some very good, but I challenge them to be as creative and interesting as Bee Coffee Roaster and Kaffeine Coffee Co. Here's to an exciting coffee experience in Indy!

Charlie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Charlie we need to get you a world coffee or a cold brew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog made me curious. I stumbled upon it quite accidentally but I'm glad I read it. When will it be available on Mass Ave? I like the thought of a great coffee shop. I must try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dara - I don't believe they have announced a date yet. Kaffiene Coffee Co is on Facebook, where they update all the time. Keep an eye out there.

    ReplyDelete