Friday, August 29, 2014

Coffee Trucks - Buy Local

I know the mobile food industry is taking off. Food trucks are the new gourmet experience, and of course coffee companies are selling java on the road. Now I read that Starbucks is getting in on the trend.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2014/08/28/starbucks-piloting-mobile-trucks-at-three-u-s-college-campuses/

As I read this article, I thought about companies like Kaffeine Coffee Co., and the truck they tool around town in, and sell cups of coffee. What does Starbucks do to little businesses like that one? Well their goal is world coffee domination....kidding. We have seen though that the Starbucks name brings people in.

I am going to suggest that we as coffee lovers buy local. If your town has a coffee truck, support it. These are folks who have decided to own and operate a business in your community. Don't they deserve some of your business? Don't they deserve some love?

It's one thing if the local business has bad coffee, but still that is the minority. The men and women who own these coffee roasters/houses are true lovers of coffee, and in turn I believe they deserve some love back.

Thanks Starbucks....but I am going to buy local.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment