Thursday, July 31, 2014

Coffee Review: Bee Coffee Roaster Ethiopian Yirgacheffe

Hello Everyone!!!!!

I apologize for the lack of writing of late. As you may know I suffered a heart attack 3 1/2 weeks ago, and am in recovery. I have spent a little more time writing about my recovery at my other blog - http://running-with-coffee.blogspot.com. The good news I am still able to enjoy coffee, but I have to limit my consumption to 2-3 cups a day. I can drink more decaf though. I've been having coffee in the morning, and decaf later in the day. It's worked out.

Today I want to talk about a coffee I am drinking this morning. Bee Coffee Roaster in Indianapolis should be familiar to regular readers of this blog. They were a terrific find last year, and were one of my top coffees. I also attempted to work for them(sadly it didn't work out at that time, but I love these guys a great deal).

Yesterday Mark and I hit the Farmers Market downtown and picked up a bag of their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. I made some in the French Press this morning. There is a lot to like about this coffee. It has a light quality to it, but don't confuse that for a lightweight coffee. This is a nutty/chocolately coffee, with a hint of saltiness and citrus in it. This is a great morning coffee, as it perks up whatever you may be having with it. I had some cantaloupe, and I swear it made the already yummy fruit taste even better. This is one of the best Ethiopian Yirgacheffes I have had - period.

BJ and Andy who run Bee Coffee Roaster, clearly have the roasting down on this coffee. It's a lighter medium roast, with plenty of flavor and yes it's a strong cup of coffee. On our Cher Scale of Strength, this is a 9. This is Cher arguing with her dad in Moonstruck, as she's fallen in love with Nicolas Cage, and she found her dad cheating on her mother. That's a strong cup of coffee.

Bee Coffee has two locations in Indy. They are on the west side, near Eagle Creek Park. They are also downtown across from the convention center.  You need to see them, and experience what they call "adventures in coffee." You won't be disappointed.

www.beecoffeeroasters.com

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment