Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Road Trip Coffee

No doubt I love good coffee, but there is a time I will drink bad coffee - on a road trip. You know what I'm talking about. You're on the road, you stop at a truck stop or a convenience store, and you pour coffee that has been sitting in that pot since 1979. Yes, yes, they laughingly call it "gourmet" or "fresh." They were probably both of those at one point, like when the farmer picked the coffee cherry. The coffee on the road is not to be confused with good coffee.

So why do I drink it? When we are on the road, I am the only one who can drive, so I need something to keep me awake. There is nothing like the taste of bad coffee to smack you awake. I really don't care how much caffeine there is, I am going for the rude taste of the coffee.

Of course I know there are drive thru Starbucks on the road, and I do stop there. It's just there are times you need to jolt to keep me awake while I drive.

So yes, there are times I will drink bad coffee on purpose.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment