Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee March 6, 2013

Today I have had two different cups of coffee I want to write about. The first is from my friend Kris, a home roaster. She has given me a Peruvian Organic that I am very excited about. The second is Starbucks Tribute Blend.

The Peruvian Organic is a strong coffee. No worries, this one won't slap you in the face. It will wake you up in the morning. I had some yesterday as well, and I wanted to be sure I tasted what I tasted, so I had another cup today. Same taste.... this is a strong coffee, but with a bright taste, like I might find in a lighter roast. I detected some floral hints(Mark didn't taste it, but I did). For a moment, I thought there was a citrus flavor to it. It almost reminded me of an Orange Blossom Honey. There is a sweetness to this coffee, that I don't often find with darker roasts.

Starbucks has their Tribute Blend. This was created to celebrate their 40th anniversary, but this is not their Anniversary Blend. This is billed as one of their bold roasts, but is reminds me more of a medium roast. This is a blend of Eithiopian, New Guinea and Columbian coffee. I am betting the Columbian gives it the more medium roast taste. There is a an herbal quality to the coffee, but it is not a savory experience. They say there is a dark cherry taste, but I don't find it. I like this coffee, and if they replaced this for the horrible Pike's Blend, I would be a much happier camper.

Two good coffees, but I'll take the home roast any day.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment