Saturday, November 22, 2014

Moving: Goodbye Indy!!

Hello Friends....

For those of you reading along, it's been a couple weeks since I last posted. Mark and I have been busy getting ready to move to Providence, RI. So writing has taken a back seat.

We are in the middle of packing, as we have to leave next weekend - yes, Thanksgiving Weekend. So this morning as we are sipping our coffee made from the Chemex, I am thinking about the wonderful Indianapolis coffee scene we are leaving.

In the last four years, I have been lucky enough to get to know the fine people at Bee Coffee Roaster. BJ and Andy are working hard to create an amazing coffee culture with their coffee and their coffeehouses. I briefly trained with them, and what I learned in my few weeks with them gave me valuable coffee information. If you haven't tried their coffee you need to. As they grow, I urge you to contribute to their Kickstarter fundraiser for a new roaster.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271817300/roasting-the-next-chapter

I don't know if they will make their goal, but I hope all of you will pledge some amount. This is a worthwhile project.

Hubbard and Cravens has been another good group of people I have gotten to know. Their crew in Carmel, IN is on top of things, and always willing to talk about their coffee. I still think their decaf is one of the best decafs I have had. While I find their atmosphere a bit on the "bar" side, I enjoy going in and talking coffee with the staff.

Kaffeine Coffee Co. has been working to transform how people get their coffee. They have made a name for themselves with their coffee truck. Soon they will have a home in the Mass. Ave area. I wish I could have gotten to know them better, but I am sure they will grow and thrive.

Over in Zionsville, Darrin is working hard to roast some good coffee, and create a nice atmosphere. I wish him all the best in the future.

Indianapolis is not known for coffee, but the people I have mentioned, and others in the area are putting the Circle City on the coffee map. Goodbye Indy....may the coffee community thrive.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment