Monday, December 9, 2013

More Holiday Coffees

As I drink more coffee, and as the holidays approach, I want to talk about two more coffees which I am enjoying, which would make wonderful gifts to the coffee lovers in your life.

First up is Hullbaloo Holiday Blend by Metropolis Coffee. Yesterday I mentioned one of their usual blends as a gift idea. Today I talk about their special blend for this time of year. Hullabaloo is a blend of Central and South American coffees with Ethiopian coffee. The combination makes for a strong and absolutely delicious cup of coffee. This is something you would serve your guests at your holiday party. There is a strong cocoa flavor, without it being sweet. There is a definite nuttiness to it. www.metropoliscoffee for more info, and to order a pound.

My second recommendation is Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Gelena Abaya Natural from I Have a Bean Coffee. I wrote on the mission of this coffee company earlier in the year. They strive to help those coming out of prison with a job and a purpose, all while roasting excellent coffee. Their founder and master roaster Pete Leonard is dedicated to more than a mission, he wants to roast the very best coffee.

Their Yirgacheffe is very tea like. It's a very smooth cup of coffee, without feeling too mellow. This is the kind of coffee you might want in the afternoon. Just enough to get you through the day, but not feeling like you are wired. If you need to discover a great coffee, and a great coffee roaster, I recommend I Have a Bean.

To order some coffee for the holidays go to www.ihaveabean.com

More holiday ideas to come.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment