Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today's Cup of Coffee 2/26/2013


What do Cher, Moonstruck and a cup of Bolivian coffee have in common? Well that is what today’s cup of the day will explain. Today’s cup is roasted courtesy of my friend Kris. Kris homes roasts using beans from Sweet Maria’s. Her roaster is a Gene Cafe drum roaster. This week she roasted several coffees for us. Today’s coffee was Boliva Buena Vista Organic Colonia Villa Rosario.

How best to describe this coffee? There are strong Mocha hints in it. In fact, I thought for a moment it might be a Mocha, but nope, it was a cup of coffee. Some mornings you need a strong cup of coffee to get going. If you saw the film “Moonstruck” you will remember that Cher’s character, Loretta has spent the night with the brother of her fiancee, played by Nicholas Cage. In her attempt to get him to understand her anger, she slaps him hard in the face and says,” Snap out of it!” That is what this coffee did today. It slapped me in the face, told me to “Snap out of it!” I woke up, and it got me going. Now THAT is a cup of coffee. 

No wishy washy brown water here my friends. This was a good strong cuppa joe!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment