Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cups

I read earlier this week that New York City Mayor Bloomberg wants to ban styrofoam cups. I'm sure this is from an ecological standpoint. I am going to take a different approach. Foam cups make coffee taste horrible.

I have railed against Dunkin Donuts coffee, but this will include McDonald's and most gas stations as well. Foam cups make coffee taste like there is some odd chemical inside. Isn't it bad enough the coffee is bad to begin with, but now you want to add a chemical taste to it as well? Yikes. I go back to this one thought, "What on Earth did that coffee do to you to deserve such a fate?"

On a road trip I will in purpose drink bad coffee. I do this so it will slap me awake as I drive. Still I really am repulsed by the taste of coffee in a styrofoam cup. Starbucks uses paper/cardboard, and their coffee has not chemical taste(there is the odd drip of coffee from the back of the cup,  but that's another posting for another day).

I hope Mayor Bloomberg is successful. Coffee deserves better.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment